This teaser confirms the video recording capabilities of the EOS R5, including internal 8K RAW up to 29.97fps (full sensor width) and suitability with high-end production workflows.
Of the as-yet unreleased EOS R5, Canon says that on the set of high-end productions such as commercials, dramas and documentaries, the EOS R5 is the perfect shooting partner to the likes of its brand-new EOS C300 Mark III – a next generation modular Cinema EOS System camera also launched today. In addition to the EOS R5’s still photography specifications, its video capabilities include:
• 8K RAW – non-cropped, internal recording up to 29.97fps
• Non-cropped internal recording 8K video capture – up to 29.97fps in 4:2:2 10-bit in Canon Log (H.265) or 4:2:2 10-bit HDR PQ (H.265)
• Non-cropped internal recording 4K video capture – up to 119.88fps in 4:2:2 10-bit in Canon Log (H.265) or 4:2:2 10-bit HDR PQ (H.265)
• 4:2:2 10-bit in Canon Log or 4:2:2 10-bit HDR PQ output via HDMI at 4K 59.94fps
• Dual Pixel AF available in all video modes at all resolutions and frame rates
• 5-axis optical In-Body Image Stabilisation (IBIS), enabling lens image stabilisation (IS) and camera IBIS to be combined
• Dual card slots – 1x CFexpress and 1x SD UHS-II
Richard Shepherd, Pro Product Marketing Senior Manager, said: “Last month we revealed specs confirming that we have achieved the ‘impossible’ with the EOS R5. Today, we go one step further in showing we are challenging the market and showcasing our unparalleled strength – revealing the camera will offer video recording capabilities unseen in any other mirrorless camera.
“With its ability to record in cinema industry-standard formats and codecs, the EOS R5 is an ideal lead camera for many productions but also, given its compatibility with cinema workflows, the camera will shoot comfortably on high-end production sets.”
Previous EOS R5 announcements can be found here:
13 February 2020 – Canon announces development of EOS R5 camera
13 March 2020 – Canon updates its EOS R5 development announcement