Canon has released firmware version 1.1.1 for the EOS R6 camera which incorporates the following fixes and enhancements:
1. A messaging is displayed when [HDMI display: Camera+External monitor] and [Overheat control: on] settings are both enabled.
2. When the RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L IS USM is attached, an image
stabilisation (IS) effect of approximately six stops* is achieved through
collaborative control with the in-lens image stabilisation.
3. Fixes a phenomenon in which the IS capabilities may be degraded when performing continuous shooting in cases where the RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L IS USM lens is attached to the EOS R6 running firmware version 1.1.0.
4. When using certain RF lenses for movie shooting, the in-lens image stabilisation mechanism has been improved.
5. Fixes a phenomenon in which the "Slow Synchro" setting screen is not accurately displayed, when the language is set to English.
6. Fixes a typo displayed on the communication setting screen, when the language is set to Korean.
7. Connectivity during FTP transmission has been improved.
8. Temperature detection and shooting time control in video shooting have been improved. In addition, the total shooting time when the short-time recording and power-on/off are performed repeatedly at room temperature is improved.
9. The phenomenon in which the movie
recording time available is not correctly displayed when the
Date/Time/Zone is not set has been corrected.
*Focal length 500mm, Based on CIPA(Camera & Imaging Products Association) standards.
You can download the firmware update from the Canon UK support site.
This firmware update is for cameras equipped with firmware version 1.1.0. If the camera's firmware is already Version 1.1.1, this update is unnecessary. When updating the firmware of your camera, please first review the instructions thoroughly.