Firmware Version 1.1.3 for the EOS-1D X Mark II camera incorporates the following improvements:
1. Corrects a phenomenon in which the drive mode icon is not correctly displayed when using custom shooting modes (C1/C2/C3).
2. Changes the maximum number of 'Release cycles' displayed from 1,000,000 cycles to 9,999,000 cycles. This value can be checked under the 'Camera system information' menu.
3. Improves the reliability of communication via USB cable when using the Lens Data Registration function within EOS Utility 3 software.
Firmware v1.1.3 is for EOS-1D X Mark II cameras with firmware version 1.1.2 or earlier. If the camera's firmware is already v1.1.3, it is not necessary to update the firmware.
When updating the firmware of your camera, please read the instructions thoroughly before you download the firmware.
The firmware update takes approximately six minutes.
(1) Once the EOS-1D X Mark II is updated to Version 1.1.2 (or later), it cannot be restored to a previous firmware version (Version 1.0.0 to 1.0.2).
(2) Camera settings files created using a camera running firmware Version 1.0.2 (or earlier) cannot be used on a camera running Firmware Version 1.1.2 (or later).
(3) Please use the latest EOS Utility version with the EOS-1D X Mark II after the camera has been updated to Firmware Version 1.1.2 (or later). EOS Utility Version 3.5 or later support cameras running Firmware Version 1.1.2 (or later).
(4) A new version of the instruction manual for the EOS-1D X Mark II has been issued following the functional improvements of firmware Version 1.1.2 (or later). You can download from Canon's website or order a printed version here